Thursday, August 21, 2008

Prince William County Fair!



As I mentioned in my previous post we ventured out to the fair Friday night with good friends of ours. Of course when were were just a few miles away it started to rain.

BOOOOOOOOO!

Luckily we had some umbrellas and we ventured in! The first thing we came across was a good old demolition derby!



After the rain stopped we walked over to a live Sea Lion show, Ethan was enthralled!





After that, we were off to see some animals. YAY GOATS!



We were nearing the end of the goats when Jonathan and Jermaine took off in the direction of loud clomping, yelling and cheering...

What do you think it was? Well if you guessed some major cheese ball tag team wrestling then you were correct!



Amanda and I took Ethan to the petting zoo area while the guys got their wrestling fill. We spent a good amount of time in the arts & crafts area, got some good fresh brewed sweet tea and then of course enjoyed our funnel cakes.

Before we left I got to run around and take some pictures of the fair "atmosphere" and here is one of my favorite shots!



In college in Ohio, one of my favorite things to do was to go to all of the small county fairs and photograph. It was a real passion of mine. I think because I grew up in South Florida with HUGE events like the Miami-Dade & Broward County Fairs that were like full size yet temporary amusement parks, I just fell in love with the charm of the small town fair and went to as many as I could.

Have a happy Friday everyone!

Check back soon for more pictures from our beach weekend and a super rockin' 9 month session with my awesome friend Roman!

No comments: